Strata Grease Interceptors™
Strata Grease Interceptors™ include innovative, high performance features which when combined with Best Management Practices (BMPs), will significantly reduce the amount of FOG entering the sewer system.
Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) are generated at food service establishments (FSEs) as a byproduct of food preparation activities. When FOG enters the sewer system it begins to cool and solidify, reducing conveyance capacity and blocking flow. Often time this leads to sewer overflows and spills which put the health and safety of the public at risk. Grease interceptors have played an important role in preventing accumulated FOG from damaging the public infrastructure by collecting it at the source.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DESIGN
- Internal channel design promotes a distributed laminar flow path and eliminates turbulence and short-circuiting.
- Unrestricted flow path (no flow control) to avoid clogging pipes and costly jetting fees.
DURABLE DESIGN - BUILT TO LAST
- HS20 traffic rated performance.
- 6000+ PSI compressive strength.
- Ceramic based coating for protection against low pH and microbial induced corrosion.
EASE OF INSPECTION & MAINTENANCE
- Large capacity = Less frequent maintenance.
- Located outdoors for 24/7 access.
- Tapered access holes for maximum visibility
- Multiple vacuum sump locations for easy removal of solids.
How it Works
Grease interceptors operate based on Stokes Law which describes the rate at which a particle rises (or falls) in a laminar, non-turbulent liquid. The Strata Grease Interceptors™ design includes wide area flow distribution channels which ensure optimal conditions for maximum separation efficiency. By maintaining low flow velocities throughout the cross-sectional area of the interceptor, Strata Grease Interceptors™ eliminates the potential for bypass or short circuiting common in traditional designs.