When Fire Containment is Absolutely Imperative
We are committed to providing our customers with the most effective high temperature and long duration fire containment walls. TruFireWalls™ have sufficient impact resistance to survive shrapnel infringement and are capable of stopping a 44 Magnum ballistic projectile with no through penetration, which is equivalent to UL Standard 752 rating. Surpassed both the required 4 hour fire exposure test and the 45 psi water jet blast test at 1,960 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unique Refractory Design - Economically meets all thermal and mechanical requirements before, during, and after, long duration fires.
- Ballistic Impact Resistant - Equipped to address potential ballistic attacks, TruFireWalls™ are built to withstand and stop a 44 magnum ballistic projectile.
- Removable Panels - Component design allows for quick wall disassembly during transformer repair and maintenance.
- Easy to Install - Lightweight panels and grooved column components allow for quick assembly with low capacity boom trucks.
- Maintenance Free - Once installed TrueFireWalls™ are maintenance free, and can even withstand multiple fires without needing to be replaced.
Built to Take the Heat
Protecting Your Critical Assets
A power substation contains all of the ingredients required to generate the perfect firestorm. A typical transmission transformer bank consists of three or more transformer tanks, each containing 10,000 to 45,000 gallons of mineral oil. The initial spark is likely to come from electric arcing inside the tank, which also generates heat and pressure high enough to rupture the tank. Oxygen immediately rushes into the tank causing the oil within the tank to violently explode, creating a blast of intense radiation, flying shrapnel, and flaming oil. The effect of the blast is instantaneous and has been documented to ignite other transformers more than 60 feet away from the initial fire.
Providing Utility Owners Peace of Mind
The replacement cost of a typical large transformer is approximately $1.5 to $2.5 Million per phase with a typical lead time of 12+ months. However, the higher cost by far is the replacement energy which must be purchased from the spot market at premium prices during the outage of equipment.
TruFireWalls™ exceed industry standards and construction codes in order to protect your critical assets. We are committed to providing our customers with the most effective high temperature and long duration fire containment walls on the market.